Secure Travel, Driver and Minder Services.
Providing our Close Protection clients with flexible, convenient and reliable peace of mind during local or international travels.
Get the right protectors for the job.
Secure Travel, Driver and Minder Services
BGA Protection's Secure Drive & Minder services provide our clients with peace of mind during local and international travel. Customised to your needs, we will provide the logistical support, vehicles, experienced drivers and professional Close Protection personnel to ensure a safe experience both on and off the road.
Whether it's for business, pleasure or any other interest your travel security will be managed and planned for by our experienced team. The appropriate vehicle, security driver and a trained Close Protection Officer / Minder will be assigned to you. Flexible and efficient, our team will ensure your safety on the road whilst allowing you to achieve your objectives as smoothly and with as little risk as possible.
Our security driver & minder solutions are flexible and scalable. We know that plans change rather suddenly, and we are able to facilitate travel arrangements within Africa for almost any situation. Whether you require travel security in one city for a few hours, or multi-day, cross-border travel security for a team we are able to help.
"Flexible and efficient, our team will ensure your safety on the road whilst allowing you to achieve your objectives smoothly and with as little risk as possible."
Advance Route Planning & Logistics
While BGA Protection's Route Planning is a standard requirement for any Close Protection detail, BGA Protection also provides this as a stand-alone service for clients or security organisations not requiring a complete Close Protection service. The objective of security route planning is to research and propose the safest and most effective way of getting a client from Point A to Point B.
Combining modern technology with up-to-date security intelligence on a specific area, our management team and Close Protection officers take into account a variety of factors when planning your travel. This includes client goals, environmental factors, forms of transport and human behaviour. Together, these factors present multiple challenges and risks that need to be effectively avoided or minimised.
Secure transportation and effective route planning is something that needs to be taken seriously, and if it is done poorly it can compromise your safety, security and efficiency, potentially jeopardising your trip and your life.
We pride ourselves on our forward-thinking approach to mitigating your travel risk and providing a reliable, efficient, secure travel route planning service to all of our clients.
"Effective route planning is something that needs to be taken seriously. If done poorly, it can compromise your safety, security and efficiency, potentially jeopardising your trip and your life."
Get the right protectors for the job.
Who do we work with?
From CEO's and Executives travelling in high-risk areas to VIP's and celebrities needing to minimise their exposure and risk in public spaces, BGA Protection has your secure travel covered. Each individual and their situation is unique, and BGA Protection will customise a solution specific to your requirements.
Our priorities are to:
- Provide safe, efficient and flexible security travel for you, your team and your family
- Create an unobtrusive but safe environment where you can be as productive as possible in work and social activities
- Provide locally relevant, fact-based guidance in order to minimise your risk in all areas
- Represent you and your organisation through emotional intelligence and soft-skills
We've provided Close Protection Driver and Minder for the following:
- CEO's, Executives & Directors
- High Net-Worth Individuals & their Families
- NGO / Non-Profit Organisations
- Athletes, Celebrities & VIP's
- Diplomats & Government Officials
How do we do it?
After the initial briefing, BGA Protection will put together a Close Protection Minder and Driver team to suit your needs. With a large database of highly-skilled, qualified and experienced Close Protectors you are guaranteed the right team for the job.
Our priority is to first and foremost minimise your risk exposure, and creating a secure but comfortable environment for you and your team to work in. We plan for potential threats and unwanted outcomes before they happen, and ensure that nothing will catch us off-guard.
Your Driver / Minder team's responsibilities will include:
- Providing, driving and maintaining a vehicle to suit your needs
- Planning logistics and other aspects of your secure travel
- Driving, escorting or shadowing you and your team along your journey
- Traveller tracking and emergency response capabilities
- Accommodating your daily travel requirements whilst keeping you safe and productive
A skilled Protector is a highly trained specialist who understands the needs and pressures placed on a 'Protectee' coupled with the demand for individualised security and unobtrusive protection, not necessarily somebody with the stature of a night-club bouncer or the fighting skills of a Chuck Norris.
Each of our Protectors have been assessed using a unique evaluation tool designed to certify Protectors in-line with industry best practice.
Our assessment evaluates a Protector's:
- Legal compliance - The Protector’s compliance in terms of the law to work in the Protection industry. (Licences, registration with the regulating authorities, firearms competencies, etc.)
- Fitness - If a protector is not physically fit, they will not be able to fulfill their duties. This is one of the first things we evaluate during our assessments.
- Scenario & Project Planning - How comprehensive is the Protectors plan for a project? How did the Protector react to a range of scenarios, both team and individual?
- Soft Skills - A large part of a protector's job is to fit in and function well in different situations. Communication, dress sense, etiquette, general knowledge and overall preparedness are evaluated to make sure your Protector can adapt to their surroundings.
- Hard Skills - These are the skills that the protection industry is known for. Shooting, driving, walking drills, restraint techniques and observation skills are all assessed.
Our comprehensive assessment allows us to differentiate between candidates who meet and surpass our minimum standards and those who do not.
How competent is your Protector?
If you are questioning your current Protectors competency or are concerned about your security BGA will happily assess your Protection team's "real" ability in relation to international best practice and recommend appropriate measures to improve your current Protection profile.