World class Close Protection Services for your peace of mind.
Protect and manage the risk exposure to you and your interests with BGA Protection's Close Protection Services in Africa.
Get the right protectors for the job.
Close Protection Services
The ever-changing technological, political and socio-economic landscape of Africa means that you cannot afford to take your security lightly. Besides the obvious risks of travelling in Africa, "safe" situations, laws and even governments can change in the blink of an eye, putting you in real danger.
BGA Protection's Close Protection Services help you avoid or reduce your risk of being stranded in a foreign land or being confronted by hostile situations. A diverse skill-set is required to effectively avoid, manage or resolve these situations, and unless you or someone you are with possesses these skills you are at the mercy of your environment.
Unfortunately these threats become a reality for many travellers, and even more so for high net-worth individuals, corporate executives, non-profit / NGO representatives and VIP's.
BGA Protection specialises in providing Close Protection Services that help you achieve your objectives smoothly and with as little risk as possible. Having worked in diverse and often demanding environments, BGA's Close Protection Officers (CPO's) ensure a confidential world-class service at all times.
Benefits of working with BGA Close Protection:
- Our team of professionals are able to manage client risk exposures, while providing a confidential world-class service.
- Because each client is unique in their circumstances, BGA Protection will customise a security plan specific to your needs.
- BGA's management team has over 50 years combined experience in the Close Protection industry.
"We pride ourselves in being able to place our clients in the hands of Close Protection agents recognised for their competence and loyalty, ensuring our clients peace of mind at all times."
Get the right protectors for the job.
Our Close Protection Offering
Our holistic Close Protection services can include one or a combination of the following areas of specialisation:
Professional executive & VIP protection services in Africa. We pride ourselves in placing our clients in the hands of Close Protection agents that are experts at planning for and minimising the complex risks modern society presents. The main priority of our Executive and VIP Protection is to minimise your risk exposure, and create a professional, secure and productive environment for you and your team to work in.
Also known as bodyguards, Close Protection is not only for the rich and famous. Providing valuable protection and personalised services to a range of individuals and their families, BGA Protection provides an extensive database of qualified, experienced and capable Close Protection Officers available for hire to other security firms, organisations, businessmen, families and VIP's.
BGA Protection has designed a Protector Assessment that evaluates an individual Close Protection Officer's "real" ability across all required skills, and in-line with international best practices. Our aim is to raise the standard of Close Protection Services and be able to guarantee the level of competence of a Close Protection Officer through a rigorous and well-recognised assessment and certification.
In the event of security or health threats BGA Protection can facilitate the evacuation of our Clients from remote areas. Whether it's a heart attack, broken limb, infectious disease, natural disaster or other emergency event or threat of bodily harm, BGA has the ability to manage these dangerous and difficult situations. BGA has a proven track record of success under the most difficult conditions.
Providing peace of mind and convenience to our clients, our Minder and Driver service will ensure you stay safe while providing flexibility and efficiency. Ideal for when a minimal threat level is identified, our Driver and Minder service is primarily there to help you achieve your travel objectives effectively and safely. We provide a vehicle fit for your specific needs, a trained (expatriate or local) Minder, as well as a trained executive driver.
BGA Protection's in-country support services provide our corporate and private clients with peace of mind during local or international travels. We provide localised support that is customised according to your needs.
A skilled Protector is a highly trained specialist who understands the needs and pressures placed on a 'Protectee' coupled with the demand for individualised security and unobtrusive protection, not necessarily somebody with the stature of a night-club bouncer or the fighting skills of a Chuck Norris.
Each of our Protectors have been assessed using a unique evaluation tool designed to certify Protectors in-line with industry best practice.
Our assessment evaluates a Protector's:
- Legal compliance - The Protector’s compliance in terms of the law to work in the Protection industry. (Licences, registration with the regulating authorities, firearms competencies, etc.)
- Fitness - If a protector is not physically fit, they will not be able to fulfill their duties. This is one of the first things we evaluate during our assessments.
- Scenario & Project Planning - How comprehensive is the Protectors plan for a project? How did the Protector react to a range of scenarios, both team and individual?
- Soft Skills - A large part of a protector's job is to fit in and function well in different situations. Communication, dress sense, etiquette, general knowledge and overall preparedness are evaluated to make sure your Protector can adapt to their surroundings.
- Hard Skills - These are the skills that the protection industry is known for. Shooting, driving, walking drills, restraint techniques and observation skills are all assessed.
Our comprehensive assessment allows us to differentiate between candidates who meet and surpass our minimum standards and those who do not.
How competent is your Protector?
If you are questioning your current Protectors competency or are concerned about your security BGA will happily assess your Protection team's "real" ability in relation to international best practice and recommend appropriate measures to improve your current Protection profile.