Executive & VIP Protection Services in Africa.
Minimise your risk exposure and achieve your travel, business or personal objectives with BGA Protection's Executive & VIP Protection.
Get the right protectors for the job.
Executive & VIP Protection Services
Executive & VIP Protection is no longer exclusively for the rich and famous. Traditionally known as bodyguards, Close Protectoion Officers (CPO's) provide Executive and VIP protection for families, corporate executives, celebrities and non-profit organisations who are exposed to risk at home, work or while travelling.
As the world has changed, so security risks have become more complex. Besides the obvious risks of travelling in Africa, "safe" situations, laws and even governments can change in the blink of an eye, putting you in real danger.
BGA Protection's Executive & VIP Protection Services provide holistic close protection services that help you avoid or reduce your risk of being confronted by a hostile situation, becoming stranded without help or worse.
We focus on achieving your travel objectives smoothly and with as little risk as possible, and use our diverse skill-set to effectively assess, plan and carry out personal security services that align with your itinerary. Having worked in diverse and often demanding environments, BGA's Close Protection Officers (Bodyguards) ensure confidential, world-class service at all times.
Benefits of working with BGA Executive & VIP Protection:
- Our team of professionals are able to manage client risk exposures, while providing a confidential world-class service.
- Because each client is unique in their circumstances, BGA Protection will customise a security plan specific to your needs.
- BGA's management team has over 50 years combined experience in the Close Protection industry.
"We focus on achieving your travel objectives smoothly and with as little risk as possible, and use our diverse skill-set to effectively assess, plan and carry out personal security services that accommodate your itinerary."
Get the right protectors for the job.
Who do we work with?
From CEO's and Executives travelling in high-risk areas to VIP's and celebrities needing to minimise their risk in public spaces, BGA Protection has you covered.
Our priorities are to:
- Create an unobtrusive but safe environment where you can be as productive as possible in work and social activities
- Provide locally relevant, fact-based guidance in order to minimise your risk in all areas and situations
- Represent you and your organisation through emotional intelligence and soft-skills
We've provided Close Protection Services for the following:
- CEO's, Executives & Directors
- High Net-Worth Individuals & their Families
- NGO / Non-Profit Organisations
- Athletes, Celebrities & VIP's
- Diplomats & Government Officials
Each individual and their situation is unique, and BGA Protection customises a solution specific to your requirements. Our Close Protection Officers not only ensure your safety, but provide you with peace of mind throughout your day.
How do we do it?
After the initial briefing, BGA Protection performs a risk assessment to ensure we are putting together a Close Protection team to suit your needs. With a large team of highly-skilled, qualified and experienced Close Protectors you are guaranteed the right people for the job.
Our priority is to first and foremost minimise your risk exposure by creating a secure but comfortable environment for you and your team to work in. We plan for potential threats and unwanted outcomes before they happen, and ensure that nothing will catch us off-guard.
A skilled Protector is a highly trained specialist who understands the needs and pressures placed on a 'Protectee' coupled with the demand for individualised security and unobtrusive protection, not necessarily somebody with the stature of a night-club bouncer or the fighting skills of a Chuck Norris.
Each of our Protectors have been assessed using a unique evaluation tool designed to certify Protectors in-line with industry best practice.
Our assessment evaluates a Protector's:
- Legal compliance - The Protector’s compliance in terms of the law to work in the Protection industry. (Licences, registration with the regulating authorities, firearms competencies, etc.)
- Fitness - If a protector is not physically fit, they will not be able to fulfill their duties. This is one of the first things we evaluate during our assessments.
- Scenario & Project Planning - How comprehensive is the Protectors plan for a project? How did the Protector react to a range of scenarios, both team and individual?
- Soft Skills - A large part of a protector's job is to fit in and function well in different situations. Communication, dress sense, etiquette, general knowledge and overall preparedness are evaluated to make sure your Protector can adapt to their surroundings.
- Hard Skills - These are the skills that the protection industry is known for. Shooting, driving, walking drills, restraint techniques and observation skills are all assessed.
Our comprehensive assessment allows us to differentiate between candidates who meet and surpass our minimum standards and those who do not.
How competent is your Protector?
If you are questioning your current Protectors competency or are concerned about your security BGA will happily assess your Protection team's "real" ability in relation to international best practice and recommend appropriate measures to improve your current Protection profile.